How To Tighten A Loose Moen Kitchen Faucet Base; Getting Handy In Your Kitchen
Faucets make your kitchen look stylish and cleaning utensils in the kitchen a lot easier. Moen kitchen faucets are one of the most commonly used faucets today due to their various innovative designs and high quality.
Your kitchen faucet must be leak-free to save on your water bill and for the good of your kitchen. A leaky faucet will lead to wetness in the sink or around it, which will make your kitchen harder to keep clean.
Let us save you all this trouble with a guide on how to fix your faucet.
How to Tighten a Loose Moen Kitchen Faucet Base; Getting Handy In Your Kitchen
A loose faucet base will cause the hose to keep shaking as you use the tap. This is not a particular problem, but it isn’t very pleasant, and it might cause splashes. To fix a loose faucet base;
- Get everything out from under the sink and turn off the valves.
- Lie down facing up so that you can see all the nuts. If you need to, you can go in with a flashlight.
- Use an adjustable wrench and set it to the correct size to hold the nut and tighten it.
- Get out and feel the faucet’s firmness to ensure it is not shaky and put everything back in its place.
How To Fix A Leaky Kitchen Faucet
A loose and leaky kitchen faucet will cause you many problems if it isn’t fixed. It might cause wetness in your kitchen which would lead to some utensils rusting. Here is a procedure on how to fix a leaking Moen kitchen faucet base;
- Take a screwdriver and use it to take off the plastic cap on the faucet’s handle. Place this cap on a flat surface or in a container so that you don’t lose it.
- There is a screw behind the cap; loosen this screw to get access to the interior of the faucet.
- You should be able to pull the handle off once the screw is loose.
- You need large adjustable pliers at this point. Use the pliers to remove the collar that holds the neck of the faucet.
- Place a towel behind the faucet to catch the water that was in the neck since it will drain backward when the collar is removed.
- Remove the neck with the towel still in place. To remove the neck, wiggle it back and forth gently as you pull it up since there might be some resistance. Wipe the faucet dry to make it easier to work with.
- You will see two rubber seals on the faucet. You need to remove the seals starting with the bottom one. You can use a screwdriver to lift them off, or you could cut them off since they are the ones that need to be replaced anyway.
- Remove the upper rubber seal. Sinks are of different sizes; you need to ensure that the replacement rubber seals are correct.
- Take a new rubber seal, stretch it onto the top of the groove, and then roll it to fill the space for the second rubber seal. Do the same for the second seal but move it down to the bottom groove.
- Ensure that there is a plastic ring on top of the neck before you clean it and fit it back in its place.
- Use the pliers to tighten the collar.
- Put the handle back on and use an Allen wrench to tighten the set screw. Put the plastic screw cover back on and turn the tap on; you will see no leaks.
How To Get Around Low Water Pressure In Your Faucet
You need the water to come out of the faucet with high pressure to make the rinsing of the dishes quicker and more efficient.
Without the pressure, you would have to take the dirt off all your utensils by hand. Faucets come with a lot of pressure, but they will reduce as time goes by.
It is, therefore, vital that you know how to fix the faucet to get it back to its initial water pressure.
- You would need to open up the faucet’s nozzle. You can use a faucet key to open it; you could buy one from Amazon if you don’t have one.
- Under the nozzle, you will see some key slots in the filter, insert the key into these holes, and open it like you would a screw. If you don’t have the key, you can use a small screwdriver or a key small enough to hold onto the slots.
- There is a flow regulator in the nozzle; you need to remove it and the valve.
- You will notice that the water comes out of the faucet at high pressure when it is open.
- After removing the regulator, put the nozzle back in the faucet and tighten it with the key.
- You will see a change in the water flow; this is a permanent fix for your water flow problems.
This problem is also common in new pull-out kitchen faucets. You can also fix them quickly with the same process, with only minor differences in the process.
- Pull out the faucet handle to be easy to work with.
- On the back of the handle, you will see a bolt where the pipe connects to it. Unwind this bolt to disconnect the pipe and get access to the interior. Make sure the pipe does not go back into the faucet since it is hard to pull out.
- There is a rubber gasket on the inner side that you should remove.
- There is a reducer under the gasket, which you would need to remove since it is responsible for the reduced flow rate and pressure.
- Put the handle back in the pipe and tighten the bolt. Be careful not to put too much pressure on it since it is plastic and it can break.
The major problem is the flow restrictor, so getting it out will resolve the issue.
Best Moen Kitchen Faucets
To ensure that there are no leaks or pressure issues with your faucet, you need to get one that is durable and well designed. Here are some of the best Moen faucets available in the market;
This faucet has the perfect combination of commercial-grade design and industrial aesthetics. The elegant design makes it an ideal addition to your kitchen and an efficient cleaner.
It is high enough for you to be able to clean large cookware with ease. It also offers a smooth pull down of the hose, a full range of motion, and a point of docking when it isn’t in use.
The hose has two modes of working, a stream and a spray. The spray features power clean, which will provide more force with fewer splashes. This product has a lifetime warranty in case it gets damaged.
Moen Arbor 7594BL
This is another faucet that has an array of unique features. It has a pull-out hose that self-retracts, and the amazing design used will be perfect to complement your kitchen. You could have the water flow out as a stream or a spray.
The outstanding feature of this faucet is the power boost. With the push of a button, you could double the power with which water comes out of the hose.
Moen Arbor 7294SRS
This product has two spray systems to help it handle everyday heavy-duty cleaning jobs in the kitchen. It also has the Dura lock system to make the installation easy.
Its high-quality material and spot resist finish will ensure there are no fingerprints or water spots on it. This makes keeping the sink clean a lot easier.
Moen Arbor 7594ESRS
This amazing faucet allows you to turn the water on without touching it. You can move your hand past the motion sensor on the top of the faucet to turn the tap on and off.
The ready sensor is made for quick tasks. It responds to simple hand movements when you need to wash fruit or rinse a utensil. You can use the handle to start the flow of water and set the temperature.
Moen kitchen faucets are one of the most popular and durable faucets. The problem is that, at times, the base of the faucet could get loose and start leaking. You can fix this at home if you purchase the correct replacement rubber seals.
When dealing with faucet interiors, make sure you don’t break any plastic components. You can remove the flow regulator in any faucet in case there is a drop in water pressure.
When it comes to design and elegance, Moen faucets are at the top of the list. If you are looking to finish up your kitchen, Moen is the way to go.