How To Move A King Size Tempurpedic Mattress: Caring For Your Tempurpedic Mattress
Tempurpedic mattresses have been one of the best mattresses sold in the last decade. This is a comfy, well-designed, and stylish mattress that is made to last long.
This product would make you get excited about going back home at the end of a long day. You need to know everything about this mattress to help you understand why you should get one.
How would you go around moving this large and high-quality mattress? Let us jump right into it.
How To Move A King Size Tempurpedic Mattress
You can fold the Tempurpedic mattress to make it take less space as you load it onto a vehicle. You should place the mattress in a flat position or on the side if it is not folded.
If it is placed on the side, it must not stay this way for long, and you should not put anything heavy on top of it since it might bend the layers.
The king-sized mattress is large (72 x 84 inches), and you might wonder how you will move it from a location to another. The fact is, you can reduce this mattress to a much smaller size and squeeze it into the trunk of your car.
To compress the mattress, you need a vacuum bag, plastic mattress bag, duct tape, ratchet straps, and vacuum cleaner.
- Take all the bedding off your mattress, including the sheets and mattress cover.
- Take the mattress off the bed and put it on the floor, where you can insert it into the vacuum bag.
- Seal the vacuum bag and ensure it has no holes in it so that air does not escape from it.
- Insert the vacuum cleaner into the vacuum bag’s opening and turn it on.
- The vacuum cleaner will start sucking the air out of the mattress, making it shrink.
- You can walk around the mattress to make the process go faster and be more thorough.
- The mattress will shrink down to almost an inch thick, depending on the make and softness.
- Unhook the vacuum cleaner and roll the mattress to reduce its size further.
- Tie the roll with ratchet straps on each end to make sure it does not open back up.
You can now carry the mattress in your car’s trunk drive wherever you wanted. There is a zipper on the side that will allow air to come back into the vacuum bag, and your mattress will go back to its initial size when you need it to.
Understanding Memory Foam And How It Works
Memory foam is the most comfortable kind of foam on the market. It is used in pillows, shoes, headphones, and Tempurpedic mattresses.
Why is this foam so commonly used? And is it as impressive as most people claim? Memory foam is made of viscoelastic polyurethane foam.
This means that it is viscous; thus, it flows in the shape of your body. It is also elastic; therefore, it will regain its initial form when you get off.
NASA scientists made this foam to protect astronauts from G-force during takeoff and landing. Innovators have adopted this technology in medicine to help patients with procedures that needed them to lie down for long.
Currently, this foam is used to make mattresses, shoe cushioning, wheelchair seats, and so much more. A challenge came up with memory foam since it can become hot due to the retention of your body heat.
Memory foam has been made in two types; gel cooled and air-cooled memory foam. Air-cooled memory foam has an additional layer of well-ventilated air pockets.
This helps the mattress get rid of your body heat to ensure it remains cool. Traditional mattresses would absorb this heat, making the bed hot.
The gel-cooled memory foam has small gel beads inside its air pockets. This helps the foam to breathe, thus releasing all the heat. The gel also makes this kind of mattress a bit stronger than the standard memory foam.
It will therefore provide additional support for your weary bones and muscles. You can pick one depending on your personal preferences.
The initial problem was that the mattresses got hard under very low temperatures.
This problem has been addressed, and most mattresses are made with a formula that makes them impervious to temperature change. Tempurpedic mattresses are definitely worth the attention and price they go at.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of A Tempurpedic Mattress
Tempurpedic mattresses have grown very popular in recent days. Most customers are satisfied and impressed by their purchase since it gives them the best sleep you could hope for. Here are some advantages that come with it;
- The mattress conforms to your body perfectly. This ensures that you receive as much support as you need and no more. This viscosity makes the bed very comfortable to lie in.
- It also has reduced pressure points to ensure you sleep more comfortably without tossing and turning. Your body will not feel its weight on the point that makes contact with the mattress since it absorbs all the weight.
- Motion transfer is also reduced. This will ensure that you don’t get disturbed when your sleep partner turns or gets off the bed.
- The mattress will be at the same temperature as your body to make sure you feel comfortably warm. It is designed to lose all the heat emitted by your body, so you don’t get sweaty.
- It has an extended warranty. The Tempurpedic mattresses have a warranty of 10 years; you will get help from the company if you have any issues with the mattress. You could even get a refund in the earlier years of usage.
- There is a wide range of mattresses to select from. Tempurpedic mattresses are present in all makes and sizes. There is varying softness, thickness, and size to ensure that every specific customer’s needs are met.
Most stores have sleep experts whose job is to help you figure out which mattress would be the best for you. With all these choices and help, it is impossible to go wrong.
- It comes with an eye mask for those that use eye masks.
- The mattress is very durable. A Tempurpedic mattress can keep you comfortable for over a decade. This is a product that is worth its price.
This is a fantastic mattress, but some problems have put off some of the customers. The primary concerns about Tempurpedic beds are;
- The viscosity poses a problem to some users. It feels like you are stuck in the mud as the mattress conforms to your body shape. This you would have to get used to overtime, and then you will enjoy your mattress.
- The mattresses are expensive. This is what has scared most people away from these mattresses. A Tempurpedic bed goes at around 3000 dollars which is very high for most people.
- It is heavy. A queen-sized mattress weighs almost 160 pounds which makes it a lot heavier than a traditional mattress. This will bring a challenge when you put it on a bed frame; it will put a lot of weight on it and could break the frame.
- It gets too warm during summer or hot weather. The mattress is air-cooled, so if the surrounding air is hot, the mattress will not lose the heat, which will make you a bit uncomfortable.
- It has a strong chemical scent when new. This causes headaches, nausea, or itching. This off-gassing usually stops after exposure to air. It is a good idea to give it 24 hours to breathe before using.
Tips On Caring For Your Tempurpedic mattress
A Tempurpedic mattress is relatively expensive, and you cannot afford to keep replacing it after a few years. Here are some tips you should follow to ensure the mattress lasts longer;
- Don’t use a heating pad or an electric blanket with your mattress to damage the comfort features. If you have to use one, ensure you use low settings for a short time, not more than 30 minutes.
- Do not add another mattress cover or mattress pad to the mattress since it will ruin the intended mattress feel.
- Do not let the mattress get in contact with water. If it happens, make sure you dry it thoroughly.
- Wash the mattress cover using cold water, whether it is by hand or in the machine.
- Do not fold the mattress for too long.
Tempurpedic mattresses have become a resting sensation in the refined world. Most people purchase these mattresses because of the incredible comfort they provide to the user.
The mattress itself can be reduced in size and moved with ease. You can use a vacuum cleaner and a mattress bag to draw the air out of the mattress.
The prices on these mattresses are high, and some users have complained about the chemical smell that comes off the mattress when it is new. It would be best to let the mattress take in fresh air 24 hours before using it to get rid of the smell.