How To Make Lavender Syrup For Coffee
Syrup can take your coffee from bland to brilliant, and it’s easy to make at home. Once you have the ingredients on hand, making your own syrup is a cinch. Lavender syrup is an easy way to add floral notes and freshness to your coffee. This aromatic syrup can be enjoyed on its own or with other spices for different tastes. Try making lavender syrup with these methods for adding this herbaceous flavor to your cup of joe.
How To Make Lavender Syrup For Coffee
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a jar with an airtight lid. Place the jar in a cool dark place for at least three weeks.
- After three weeks, strain the honey through a cheesecloth or muslin cloth to remove any herbs. Pour the strained liquid into your saucepan and add the alcohol or vodka. Bring it to a boil over medium heat, and then simmer for 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can put the mixture in a double boiler and simmer it over low heat until it reaches 110°F (43°C).
- Pour the syrup into your jars and refrigerate them until they are ready to be used as needed.
- To use, add a few drops of lavender syrup to your cup of coffee or tea. You can also use it to flavor a variety of other foods and drinks, including hot chocolate and lemonade.
- Lavender Syrup is a great way to add floral notes and freshness to your coffee, but do not put it in your coffee machine. If you are using a French press, though, it can be used in the filter basket.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Lavender Syrup In Coffee?
1. It’s A Natural Alternative To Artificial Sweeteners
Lavender syrup is a natural alternative to artificial sweeteners. It has a pleasant floral scent, which may be more appealing than the fake sugar alternatives. Lavender syrup has fewer calories and less sugar than your average cup of coffee.
2. It Can Help With Digestion Issues
Lavender syrup can help with digestive issues, such as IBS or bloating. The soothing scent of lavender is an excellent way to soothe the stomach and calm any queasiness you may feel after eating or drinking something that’s not your favorite. You might also find that it helps you sleep better at night by helping you relax and unwind after eating or drinking too much caffeine in the afternoon. All-natural remedies like lavender syrup are easy to make at home so you can make sure that you are getting all of the benefits from your ingredients without any unwanted side effects. This simple recipe for lavender syrup is a perfect way to start adding this natural herb to your coffee.
3. It Can Be Used In Many Other Foods And Beverages
Lavender syrup can easily be used in other foods and beverages. It has a pleasant floral scent, which is well-suited for use in many different dish recipes, including fresh baked goods, cocktails, and even desserts like lemonade or ice cream. You can also add lavender syrup to soaps and lotions for a relaxing spa-like experience in your bathroom. Lavender is also easy to use when brewing tea or making herbal remedies with it, such as lavender tea bags or lavender essential oil. This simple recipe for lavender syrup will help you get started on using the herb as part of your everyday life without having to worry about artificial ingredients that are often found in commercial products.
4. It’s A Great Alternative To Artificial Sweeteners
Artificial sweeteners are not good for your body, and they can cause serious health problems. Artificial sweeteners can also throw off your body’s chemistry and make you crave high-sugar foods like candy, bread, and other processed foods that are bad for you. Instead of using artificial sweeteners in your coffee or in any other food, try using lavender syrup to get the same low-calorie sweetness without all of the negative side effects. If you would like to add a touch of lavender flavor to your cup of joe without adding too much sugar or calories, try this simple recipe for lavender syrup instead.
What Are Some Recipes That Use Lavender Syrup?
1. Lavender Syrup
The lavender syrup is made by combining the following ingredients: 1 cup water, 2 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon of dried lavender flowers, and a few drops of edible lavender oil. This combination can be added to your coffee for a sweet and floral taste.
2. Lavender Syrup With Lemon Zest
This recipe includes the same ingredients as above but with an added lemon zest. The lemon zest gives this lavender syrup a citrus flavor that complements the floral notes of the lavender flowers.
3. Lavender Syrup With Vanilla Bean Extracts And Lemon Zest
The vanilla bean extract and lemon zest are combined with the same recipe as above to make this wonderful syrup for your coffee. The vanilla bean extracts give this syrup an intense vanilla flavor that complements the floral notes of the lavender flowers. This combination is delicious for any type of coffee beverage or tea drinker who enjoys herbal flavors in their coffee.
4. Lavender Syrup With Vanilla Bean Extracts And Cinnamon
The vanilla bean extract, lemon zest, and cinnamon are added to the recipe above to create this lavender syrup recipe. The cinnamon gives the syrup a wonderfully warm aroma as it is combined with the lavender flowers for your coffee. This is a wonderful syrup that can be enjoyed with any type of coffee beverage or tea drinker who enjoys herbal flavors in their coffee.
Tips For Making Great Coffee With Lavender Syrup
1. Add Lavender Syrup To Hot Coffee
Hot coffee is perfect for enjoying lavender syrup. It has a very strong flavor that might not work with other syrups.
2. Add Lavender Syrup To Cold Coffee
You can also try using lavender syrup with cold coffee, but the taste will be diluted with the cold temperature. The result will still be delicious lavender syrup, but it won’t be as strong as if you used hot coffee for your drink.
3. Add Lavender Syrup To Decaf Coffee Or Tea
Lavender syrup is great for decaf drinkers because it complements the flavor of their beverages and adds a floral note that is missing from their usual java. You can use this herbaceous syrup whenever you want a little something extra in your cup of tea or decaf coffee. Try adding a few drops to your tea for an aromatic cup of herbal tea that you can enjoy any time of day!
4. Add Lavender Syrup To Flavored Coffee
If you are looking for a way to add lavender syrup to flavored coffee, it is best to use this herbaceous syrup in the same manner as decaf coffee. The flavor will be diluted, but the aroma will still be strong. Try adding a few drops to your cup of flavored coffee for an aromatic cup of herbal tea that you can enjoy any time of day!
5. Add Lavender Syrup To Iced Coffee Or Tea
The best way to enjoy lavender syrup with iced coffee or tea is by adding it near the end of the brewing process. This will allow the flavor and aroma of lavender syrup to infuse into your drink without diluting it too much with hot water or ice cubes. This method also allows you to enjoy a stronger taste than if you added lavender syrup early on in the brewing process.
The syrup is an easy way to add flavor to your coffee, and it’s a fun way to try new flavors. Lavender syrup is a delicious, aromatic way to make your coffee better. You can make a syrup with dried petals or fresh petals, or you can use DE for a stronger flavor. No matter which method you choose, the lavender syrup is an easy way to make your coffee tastier.