How To Cook Tuna Steak In Air Fryer
Do you know that super awesome appliance that everyone is raving about? The air fryer, of course. It’s the latest craze among health-conscious and those who love fried food but not the fat and calories that usually come with it. The air fryer uses hot air to cook, rather than oil or grease, so your food comes out healthier, crisper and crunchier without all the added fat. Now, you might be thinking: “Isn’t that like a convection oven?” Yes, it is similar in principle but different in implementation. In an air fryer, there are multiple small fans inside the unit which circulate hot air and cook food faster than normal ovens do. If you are new to this whole idea of an air fryer and how to use one at home, read on for some helpful tips and tricks on how to cook tuna steak in an air fryer—a quick and easy recipe!
How To Cook Tuna Steak In Air Fryer
- Get the air fryer ready. With a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit and maximum power, heat up the air fryer using the browning setting. Note that you can use any temperature on the air fryer that you prefer, but 400 degrees Fahrenheit is usually the recommended setting for most recipes. You can also choose to cook at a lower or higher temperature, but this is not recommended for most recipes as it will affect how crispy your food comes out.
- Prepare your tuna steak for cooking in an air fryer by removing any bones and skin from the tuna steak first before placing it into a bowl with a bit of oil to help it keep its shape while cooking. Also, place some slices of lemon into the bowl to add flavor.
- Pour around 1/4-cup of water into a small bowl and mix in 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper into it to make up your seasoning mixture which you will use later on during the cooking time.
- Spray your tuna steak with the seasoning mixture and place it into the air fryer to cook. Once the tuna steak is done, remove it from the air fryer and set it aside for a few minutes to let it cool off before serving.
- Take out your air fryer again and turn on the browning setting until it reaches around 400 degrees Fahrenheit once again. Put your tuna steak back into the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes or so until done. You can check if it is done by using a fork or knife to poke at one of its sides or try biting into one of its sides while still cooked to see if it’s tender enough for you. If not, keep cooking for another 2-3 minutes in total until cooked through to your liking. It should take around 6-8 minutes for a medium-rare steak as stated above depending on how thick your steak is and what temperature you choose when cooking it at home.
- Enjoy your tuna steak warm with some lemon slices and enjoy the flavor!
Things You Should Know About Cooking Tuna In An Air Fryer
1. It’s quick
Air frying is a very fast method of cooking food. With the air fryer, you can have your fish ready in less than 10 minutes.
2. It’s easy
Not only does it cook fast but it also cooks food evenly and uniformly so your meal comes out perfectly cooked with no burnt edges or parts.
3. It’s healthy
You can control the temperature of the air fryer to cook at a lower or higher temperature to get the desired texture for your food. You can also choose from multiple heat settings which are customized for different types of foods so you know exactly how much heat to use and when to stop cooking your food in order to avoid overcooking it.
4. It’s versatile
If you love baking, then this appliance is perfect for you! You can bake cookies, cakes, and other treats just like with an oven—but faster!
Tips For Cooking Tuna Steak In An Air Fryer
1. Use a Sturdy Container
An air fryer can be used to cook just about any food, but you must use a sturdy container. Choose one that is wide enough to hold the food in the center and tall enough so that the lid doesn’t touch the bottom of the air fryer. You don’t want your food touching the bottom of your air fryer as it will affect its performance and also cause it to heat up faster than usual.
2. Set Your Air Fryer Setting
You can use an air fryer to cook just about any type of food, but you must set your air fryer setting properly. For best results, set your air fryer to 400°F (204°C) and check on your food periodically while cooking so that it doesn’t burn or overcook. Different types of foods require different temperatures for cooking and you need to adjust accordingly with this in mind or else you will end up with burnt food.
3. Use a Good Oil
While the air fryer uses hot air to cook food, it doesn’t use oil as most conventional ovens do. This means that you need to use a good oil to cook your food instead of using oils that are not good for cooking or even oils that contain unhealthy fats and trans fats. You can use olive oil or any other type of oil that is good for cooking and has no trans fats or unhealthy fats in it. If you are looking for an air fryer with a built-in oil warmer, then look no further because this is exactly what you need! This way, you will never have to worry about changing the oil in your air fryer again!
4. Preheat Your Air Fryer Before Using It
You may have heard before that you should preheat an air fryer before using it, but did you know that even if you don’t preheat your air fryer, it still needs to be preheated before you use the air fryer? This is because the temperature of the cooking oil in an air fryer may not be hot enough when you use it for the first time. By preheating your air fryer, you can ensure that it is ready to cook your food as soon as possible.
5. Use Fresh Ingredients
You should always use fresh ingredients when cooking food in an air fryer so that your food will taste great and not have any off flavors or tastes from the ingredients used. Many people make the mistake of using frozen ingredients because they think that they will add more flavor or taste to their food but this is a big mistake because these types of ingredients usually lose their flavor while they are frozen and this can leave a bad taste on your fish, meat or vegetables. You should always use fresh ingredients such as tuna steak and vegetables when you are making tuna steak in an air fryer recipe!
The air fryer has become an essential cooking tool in modern kitchens. It’s great for people who want to cut down on their intake of unhealthy fats. Plus, air fryers are more energy-efficient than conventional ovens. The best thing about this cooking gadget is that it can be used for a variety of different dishes and snacks. From chicken wings and French fries to tikka masala potatoes and rotisserie chicken, an air fryer is great for all types of food. There are many types of air fryers available in the market and all of them promise to make your favorite fried foods healthier and tastier. However, the best air fryers are the ones that have a large capacity and are easy to use.